Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Donation..

           Turns out you don’t need to be a superhero to save lives. Just donate blood! This past week, Sam (my roommate) talked me into donating some blood at the blood drive on campus. We tried this a year ago, when she first pitched the idea to me…however, when I got there and saw the needle...that was the end of that. LOL..I went with her a couple months later during that spring semester but, I wasn’t allowed to donate because I had left the country within that year. Anyway, we decided third time’s a charm,  so I might as well give it a shot. We got there on Friday, and I was so pumped to finally donate. Mind you, I’m a first time donor, so I was a little nervous. Actually, I was really nervous! And scared. As I approached the cot I had to sit on, my heart started to race. Looking over at Sam, with fright written all over my face, she smiled, told me to relax, and that it would be just fine. I took a deep breathe, and thought I was ready.
            Ugh….a few minutes into the donating process, I was freezing! I felt so tired and started freaking myself out. It felt like I had a dead arm the whole time…which scared me even more. After a few seconds of thinking rationally, I realized that I’m somewhat of a hypochondriac and that I was going to be just fine! LOL. When we were done, we got free cookies J that’s always a plus. I highly promote donating blood. One pint can save 3 lives!  

No comments:

Post a Comment