Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Amazing Meals..

This past week was great. My roommates and I decided that we need to do more things together, in order to not be so serious and stressed out because of school. We decided that each of us should cook a different night of the week. On Monday, Courtney taught us how to make homemade empanadas, and fried plantains. Making this meal was such a process! You have to season and cook the ground meat, stuff it in the tortilla, and then fry it. The plantains were easier to make, because all you had to do was throw some oil in a pan and let them cook. We also made rice and beans to go with this meal. It turned out delicious! On Wednesday, Krissi made stir fry. Ah that was amazing! She had peppers, brown rice, broccoli, beef, carrots, and a few other vegetables in it. It was all mixed with some great “secret sauce” recipe that her mom gave her.
On Friday, Sam made chicken with cream of mushroom soup on top. This meal was great! It was also quick and easy to make. She fried the chicken breasts, heated up the soup, and just poured it on top. Yumm! On Sunday, I decided to make Indian food for everyone. I made white rice and tandoori chicken. The rice was not hard to make at all. The chicken however, took a lot of work. Making the marinade for the chicken took about 20 minutes alone! It then had to sit in it for about 3 hours. I had to call my mom about 4 times, just to make sure that I did everything the way she does! LOL.. it turned out tasting great. My roommates now love Indian food. Well, that dish anyway. We feasted last week. Hmm.. I think every week should be like that!  

No comments:

Post a Comment